Thank you for your interest in the Bustle & Sew affiliate scheme. If you haven’t participated in this kind of scheme before you might find the following notes on what it is and how it works useful:
What is an affiliate scheme?
An affiliate scheme enables you to earn a commission from products purchased by people you send to the Bustle & Sew website. You can send people to Bustle & Sew in a number of ways, including links in your e-mails, a link on your blog, links in posts you make to your blog, Twitter account or via banners and buttons – like the one featuring Podge below – that you add to your site.
Why join the Bustle & Sew affiliate scheme?
I’d like to think that Bustle & Sew offer really nice patterns and books that people enjoy receiving and making. I also pride myself on my customer service – my customers are really important to me. Over the years I have built up a friendly and loyal group of customers who return time and again to purchase from Bustle & Sew. I’d also like to think that Bustle & Sew offers unique and quirky patterns that are just a little different to other patterns you’ll find on-line.
So you’ll become part of an established business with a great reputation and a range of proven products . This all adds up to high on-site conversions to sales, and more commission for you.
How exactly does it work?
Well without getting too technical, but covering the basics:
1. The potential customer clicks on an affiliate link you’ve placed in an obvious position on your site or blog. When you add affiliate links to your site, the code will automatically include your affiliate id – so you can be sure that all the purchasers that your visitors make will be credited to your account.
On the right you can see a sample affiliate link – this one is Podge trying to look irresistible!
2. The visitor’s details are logged by my systems and a cookie is placed in their browser for tracking purposes.
3. The visitor browses the Bustle & Sew site, and may decide to order.
4. If the visitor orders (the order need not be placed during the same browser session – cookies and details are stored for 90 days – so if the visitor returns at any time in that period, and buys, you’ll still get paid), the order will be registered as a sale for you.
5. I will review and approve the sale.
6. You will receive commission every month (if your balance is at least $20) via PayPal. You can keep track of your sales and the balance of your account in the Affiliate Centre.
So how much money will I receive?
The important part!
Although you could refer your visitors to Bustle & Sew simply because you like me, I’d like to share with you the money from any purchases they make from my site. That’s only fair. You’ll earn 50% in commissions that will be paid monthly via Paypal, as soon as your balance has reached $20.
How long will this take?
Signing up and getting your account configured couldn’t be easier. You can be referring visitors to Bustle & Sew in less than 15 minutes. If you’d like to join my team of affiliates, then just click here to be taken to my affiliate home page to get started.
And if there’s anything you’d like to know that I haven’t covered here, then please do contact me:
[email protected] and I’ll do my best to help.