Enjoy the seaside even when you’re home from the beach with this easy machine applique cushion featuring a bright-eyed seagull and some sassy seaside bunting. Best of all, this friendly fellow won’t be swooping down and stealing your chips either!
If you’d like this tutorial as a free pdf file, then click the button below and I’ll send it to you. (If you already receive our free newsletter then you’ll find the tutorial waiting for you in your newsletter readers pattern library).
● Base fabric (use a medium weight cotton- I chose a nicely striped piece of ticking style fabric to remind me of seaside deckchairs) : 1 piece measuring 16 square and 2 pieces each measuring 16” x 12”
● 9” x 8” piece blue felt
● 5” square cream felt
● 3” square grey felt
● 4” square golden yellow felt
● 1 x 2” piece black felt
● Scraps of brightly coloured cotton fabric for bunting flags (flags measure 2 ½” long x 2” wide approximately)
● Grey tapestry or 4 ply knitting wool
● Black and cream machine thread
● Invisible nylon machine thread
● Temporary fabric marker
● Embroidery foot for your sewing machine