These make a nice change from the usual flavours of cupcake and are the perfect treat to enjoy in the sunshine! I find that the frosting can be quite soft, so tend to pop it in the fridge for a couple of hours to set a little. This recipe will make 12 muffin size cupcakes.
● 113g or 1 stick of butter
● 150g or ¾ cup caster sugar
● 2 eggs
● 210g or 1 ½ cups self raising flour
● 1 tsp baking powder
● 112.5 ml or ½ cup buttermilk
● 56.25 ml or ¼ cup honey
● 1 tsp vanilla extract
● Preheat the oven to 350 f / mark 4/ 180 c
● In a bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder. In another bowl mix together the buttermilk, honey and vanilla extract. Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, then gradually mix in the beaten eggs.
● Add the other ingredients gradually, alternating them. Fill the cases 2/3 full and bake for 18-20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
● 170g or 11/2 sticks butter
● 113g cream cheese
● 150g or 3 cups icing sugar
● 3 tbs honey
Mix the butter and cream cheese together until creamy looking. Gradually add the sieved icing sugar and then the honey. Ice your cakes and enjoy!
*Recipe from issue 64 of Bustle & Sew Magazine. Find out more HERE*